Thursday, April 16, 2009

San Diego, Casey, and Diana

San Diego, CA. I had free time today to walk around the heart of San Diego, and I chose the Gas Lamp Quarter situated directly above the city's awesome convention center. I toured the delightful area for quite some time, noting its extraordinary collection of restaurants of all ethnicities. With some difficulty, I chose sushi over an award winning Indian buffet.

Some may recall comments here by regular reader Casey DeLorme, who lives in San Diego. Casey saw the post that I was in town and contacted me. We connected this afternoon for some refreshments and conversation.

Casey's blog is Social Media Gestalt (link to the right), and he's a high tech public relations guru that makes me look old fashioned. Casey went to school with Congresswoman Giffords, knows Tucson politics well, and is no stranger to the cigar shop. We met while I was still running SAIAT. While we were catching up today, I mentioned the recent articles about Tucson jobs being within ten miles of downtown. He made the expected facial expression and noted, "Tucson is within ten miles of downtown."

I really enjoyed seeing Casey again and wish him the best. He left Tucson for San Diego for a reason, and his horizon looks bright.

On another note, as occasionally happens in the blogosphere, it's become appropriate to expel an inappropriate guest. Diana may use a different name in the future, but her signature is easy to spot. Don't bother, Diana, and don't let the door hit you on your way out. For everyone's sake, don't visit again. We have nothing to say to each other. Move on and stay gone.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Framer said...

Be sure to hit Anthony's Fish Grotto for me.

4/16/2009 9:51 AM  
Blogger The Navigator said...

That's actually rather cool that Casey saw your blog, realized you were in the town where he lived, and the two of you connected for some food and conversation.

You should take Framer's advice. Anthony's is very close to your hotel.

Regarding Diana, it's about time. Good riddance.

4/16/2009 1:06 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

I agree. Diana isn't even a good troll.

4/16/2009 2:02 PM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Went to Anthony's Fish Grotto. Yes, it is very close to the hotel.

The restaurant is right on the water and you sit along windows looking directly across the bay. Delightful.

4/16/2009 4:11 PM  
Anonymous Dustin said...

I liked going to the shout house for drinks when I was there. But then I am a real geek for that kind of atmosphere.

4/17/2009 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE