Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Art of Mental Warfare

I found a video late last night and posted it along with a rant I chose to delete this morning. Liking the video, Liza tried to post a comment as I was hitting the delete key. Respecting her judgment, after taking an econometrics root canal I explored a little further and discovered The Art of Mental Warfare Web site, which is worth a visit. They recently posted the same video.

I think the piece captures an important dynamic that makes the Lord Cheney regime possible. During WWII in Germany, what do you think the German people heard in the media? I assert the same theme applies to this day, only more sophisticated. We're too busy caring about Britney Spear's crotch to recognize the truly obscene behavior of the current administration. The country is clueless, a collection of minds bled dead by the brain numbing information equivalent of food without calories or nutrition. We're a nation drugged on mental twinkies.




I think NIN's Year Zero concept album is brilliant. The CD changes color after you play it and it "heats up," a comment on global warming. I have already posted Capital G and In This Twilight.

NIN rules.

Eventually all of the Year Zero videos will be posted at this blog.

Liza responded to the video here with the first comment below.

3 Comments:

Blogger x4mr said...

On behalf of Liza:

Outstanding video.

In the previous post, x4mr, you compare this "madness" to Nazi Germany. I would like to draw one major distinction that is so profound that I am sure it will be the subject of doctoral dissertations for many years to come.

And, that is that throughout this "madness" the quality of investigative journalism in many parts of the world has surpassed everything that preceded it. Not surprisingly, this seems to be especially true in the US and the Mideast. It is also true that in the US, this outstanding journalism was not available in the mainstream media, but it was readily available to many Americans who have access to the independent media.

So, what happened?

There was a period of time in the early to mid 80's when I read about the Vietnam War. I think it was about four years. I realized the other day that I started reading about Iraq at least six months before the invasion in 2003, already longer than I spent on Vietnam.

During the Vietnam War, people depended mostly on newspapers and the evening news to stay informed about what was happening with the war. The differences between the historical accounts of the war and what was reported day to day are profound. Just imagine what it would have been like in Nazi Germany.

None of this is true about Iraq. Technology and the emergence of the independent media have made it possible for the citizens to have a great deal more visibility into events as they occur. And there has never been a shortage of people who dedicate themselves to documenting the true story of life here on earth.

So, why have they ended up like so many wolves howling in the night? History will vindicate them and praise them, of course, but why did this happen?

I really don't know.

11/20/2007 7:36 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

Thanks, x4mr.

11/20/2007 9:55 PM  
Blogger Dustin said...

"So, why have they ended up like so many wolves howling in the night?"

That is the question isn't it? It's amazing to me that to this day, being against the war is an unserious position. I'm also amazed that there are people out there who continue to insist that saddam perpetrated 9/11.

I was taught that information makes up a critical portion of any given battlespace. I never, in a million years thought the battlespace would be right here at home.

The government, and even the press have stopped serving the people a long time ago. It's become a matter of feeding it's own power and wealth. The worst part is that we have only ourselves to blame.

Even scarier to contemplate is this: If everyone knew the truth, would it change anything? I think there are a large number of people for whom it would not.

11/21/2007 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE