Monday, July 16, 2007

Zelph and Esoteric Content

(Zelph, the "white" Lamanite) The blogger Zelph posted a comment a couple stories back indicating he smelled esoteric content at this blog. Born into Mormonism, Zelph’s intellect and open mindedness led him to question his inherited convictions. Good for him. True spiritual growth requires personal effort and experience. His struggle has enhanced a particular sense of smell.

YES, Zelph, esoteric ideas abound here, but subtly and not every time. Something Else points to a lot, as our visiting navigator, er, linguist, amply demonstrated.

Mormons believe that modern Native Americans descended from ancient ones they call the Lamanites. The legend of Zelph, Lamanite hero of Mormon folklore, began on Tuesday, June 3, 1834, when Joseph Smith, Brigham Young, Wilford Woodriff, Jesse Smith, Levi Hancock, and others found unusually large bones at an alter among the remains of a Lamanite civilization. A spear stuck into the ribs. When Smith asked God about the bones, God told him about Zelph.

Science, with its persnickety bias towards truth, has been driving religion crazy since the beginning of time. Copernicus and Galileo caused a ruckus, and to make matters worse, Darwin came along. They’re still bitching about him.

Now DNA is messing with the Mormons regarding who descended from whom. I will spare the reader details. If the Mormons are smart, they will fold and craft a way to save the faith. They cannot put the scientists under house arrest.

I don’t know the church’s official statement regarding Josh Anderson. They excommunicated Sonia Johnson for supporting women’s rights. I don’t know if they’ve excommunicated Josh or endorsed him, but he has written a second book of Mormon, available online, you guessed it: The Book of Zelph. I would prefer you read Something Else and my site does not feature a link for tithing by credit card. I cannot vouch for Anderson’s creation, but I can promise you my piece is completely true except for that one part.

I make every effort to respect those of all religious beliefs, and can have great respect for those practicing Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and many others. Many paths climb the mountain. While hoofing up the hill, it's easier to look down than up. Work provides access to those who are higher and climbing advice. Some paths are faster, and some people are faster. Even the fastest don’t reach the top. Think asymptote.

Regarding respect, I can’t do it with Scientology. It's a scam. All that auditing engram stuff can probably be handled at five times the pace with EMDR and a good therapist.

The main character in The Book of Zelph is his son Melph. The main character in The Book of Mormon is Moroni. Zelph provides fourteen core beliefs. Belief #10 reads: "We believe that people aren't perfect, but the Book of Zelph is." Belief #13 reads: "We believe that even if the Book of Zelph isn’t true, it’s still the best book to read."

I want to respect them, but they make it difficult.

Somehow I don’t think Mitt Romney will read Something Else. Perhaps he has read The Book of Zelph. It can’t be worse than Battlefield Earth.

16 Comments:

Blogger Zelph said...

I am not Josh Anderson, but I can attest to the truthiness of The Book of Zelph with every fiber of my being.

7/16/2007 10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Touche, x4mr. Why not call a rose a rose? You may consider your linguist a navigator. I too can smell, and I smell Fourth Way Sufi. All and Everything periods the sentence.

I held back a few days before noting your work excludes content, not referring to straightforward character refinement. You know what I address.

You have written the material but held back.

The border content belongs right before the death of the dogs in Guardian.

7.8 Hz.

Don’t play dumb, and how do you know about EMDR?

What happened at the border?

If you frequent the place, you have more courage than I.

7/16/2007 10:21 PM  
Blogger Zelph said...

I have a friend who is undergoing EMDR training this very week in SF. He will be arriving here in Phoenix on Friday. I really know very little about it. Strange coincidence? Spooky?

7/16/2007 10:37 PM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Navigator,

We need to take this conversation offline. Email me.

If you post content one fraction of a millimeter further down this road, I will delete it at once, and you can count on that.

Why are you afraid to meet me?

Seriously, let's have a cup of coffee, and we can talk about 7.8 Hz.

7/16/2007 11:43 PM  
Blogger Sirocco said...

Sufi-ism ties in well with the references to Gurdjieff, not that I know much about either. For that matter, I didn't know anything about Zelph before reading this post.

I, too, have no respect for Scientology. How can you take seriously a religion founded by someone who could write trash such as Battlefield Earth, and had stated in the past the road to riches was to start your own religion?

I assume the references to 7.8 Hz have more than a simple reference to the Schumann Resonance behind them. Are any of the claims found here on the right track?

7/17/2007 8:04 AM  
Blogger Sirocco said...

And as a follow-up question for either x4mr or linguist/navigator (or both): do either of you use mobile phones? :)

7/17/2007 8:06 AM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Sirocco,

Your "here" link goes to some page that could not possibly have less to do with the Schumann resonance. I think you made a copy/paste error.

Zelph,

Do you know what the official LDS position is on Josh?

Navigator,

That you know about the border does not surprise me. That you knew it would fit into Something Else is very impressive. That you knew where it would go is over the top. I repeat my request for you to contact me. I won't bite.

I may put the content in at a later date. Hint for Sirocco: EKG.

7/17/2007 11:09 AM  
Blogger Zelph said...

I have never met Josh Anderson and don't have a clue about the position of the LDS church with regard to him. If they were aware of his activities, I'm certain he would be excommunicated. The Book of Zelph is obviously a mocking parody of The Book of Mormon. The leaders of the LDS church don't take kindly to this sort of thing. I, on the other hand, find it hilarious.

I am not the Zelph in the other website you link to either. There are many Zelph's. We are legion. I AM the Zelph who moderates AZNetroots.com.

7/17/2007 11:32 AM  
Blogger Sirocco said...

x4mr, et. al.,

Sorry about the misplaced link, I had that for something I posted at Az 8th I think.

Anyhow, I meant does the reference have anything to do with these claims? It will also make my question about cell phones more meaningful.

7/17/2007 11:42 AM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Zelph,

Thanks for the correction and I redirected your name to link to your blog. I actually thought the Zelph site was serious! I wonder if the tithing page actually accepts money. You know LDS better than me, but I would think they'd be pretty angry.

Sirocco,

Interesting page. Maybe in September or so I will add the material the navigator refers to. I'm not yet willing.

I hinted EKG. Here is the closest I can go for now.

7.83 Hz.

7/17/2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger Zelph said...

I presume the border of which we speak is not the U.S./Mexican boarder, but rather the border between normal waking reality and Something Else.

I shall have some questions to ask of my visiting therapist friend with regard to his EMDR training and extemely low frequency brain waves.

7/17/2007 4:55 PM  
Blogger Framer said...

x4mr,

It has been my experience that most LDS people have far better senses of humor, and are less easy to anger than most if not all of their critics.

If you thought that missive was serious, you should probably get make a couple of Mormon friends. It would do your worldview some good.

I'm still reading through your opus magnum, but I have been tremendously busy. I'll get back to you soon with feedback.

7/17/2007 10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At risk of being deleted, I will confirm your observation, Zelph. The border x4mr and I discuss has nothing to do with Mexico. Your surmise correctly.

I request x4mr's tolerance to spare me the axe and truly believe I am within my bounds. Note "Consciousness" at his profile. His relationship with consciousness is not academic. It takes one to know one.

What's behind 1993, Zelph? 1981? Where do such concepts originate?

Your EMDR discussion may be fruitful and provide left-brain right-brain material of interest. It does NOT address the border.

7/17/2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger Zelph said...

In response to framer, yes LDS folks generally have a good sense of humor, the church leadership, however, does not. Rest assured Josh Anderson would be excommunicated for his little parody, if it came to their attention. I think, at this point, Josh could probably care less.

If you would like an example of this, google "Teresa Nielsen Hayden" and "God and I". Teresa is a friend of mine. We were both Republicans and members of YAF long ago.

7/17/2007 11:48 PM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Framer,

Good feedback. I actually do know some LDS folk, and as you suggest they are perfectly okay human beings who participate just fine in our society. I wish none of them harm, but I think the mythology is profoundly problematic.

Navigator,
Your comment remains, but I am serious. If I am going to address the border, I want to do so by my design, not yours. Deal?

Zelph,
Navigator is spot on about left/right brain. EMDR is extraordinary in its ability to treat PTSD and trauma by allowing the left and right brain to connect in ways that heal wounds. Soldiers returning from Iraq should have EMDR as a mandatory step into rejoining society.

My personal story involves a friend who struck and killed a seven-year-old girl who ran in front of his car. He disintegrated. Couldn't leave his house, talk to people, keep a job, started the sauce at 8 AM.

EMDR saved his life.

7/18/2007 12:00 AM  
Blogger Sirocco said...

I think a number of things have started to coalesce in my mind in the last 24 hours.

I am pretty sure I understand what is meant by "Navigator" and know what the border is. I can wait until September and x4mr's chosen time to verify whether or not my notions are on the right track. If I am, then I see why it would go where Navigator suggests ... it could expand upon the two lines prior to the last paragraph, and fit very nicely.

Of course, it all depends on how much x4mr wishes to reveal. He's already shown a great deal.

7/18/2007 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE