Friday, July 06, 2007

A Most Unexpected Development

Tucson, Arizona. I promise this post concerns a very Tucson, Arizona subject. I am addressing three individuals, FH, DS, and X. Okay, guys. Touche. I did not see the hacking of my machine coming at all. Of course I have data backups, but you got me good on the signature chapter, "Guardian Angel." Yes, I'm upset. I had not planned for it. I have no idea how you did it. Getting that piece back to where it belongs will take a day.

What was your motive? To get the data ahead of time? You have three days at most. You can't stop me. Do you get that by stealing my data, wiping the "My Documents" folder completely clean, you fuel curiosity? Some will think I pulled this stunt. I promise I did not.

Yeah, I feel violated, and I am completely surprised. I didn't think you guys even knew about this blog. You were clueless about everything else. Clearly, you know how to hack into a home user's personal computer and wipe their data. I think you made a mistake. More people will want to know what this is about.

I never saw it coming. In my opinion, you have only fanned the flames.

At present, all of the image links of Chapter 12 are broken. I will fix them tonight. Then I have to reconstruct all of Guardian. I will work completely offline and connect only briefly. Like before, you wounded but did not kill. Something Else will be posted in its entirety here and at the Web site by Sunday.

5 Comments:

Blogger Liza said...

Hi, x4mr,
I've been reading "Something Else." It's a very good read. I'm impressed.

7/06/2007 2:28 PM  
Blogger Sirocco said...

Read the first 13 chapters, completely fascinating.

I'm curious as to why your files would go wandering ... are you convinced it was a hack job? If so, what points toward your suspects?

7/06/2007 4:27 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

Dang, sirocco, you must have gone to one of those speed reading classes.

Yeah, I'm wondering about the suspects as well. While they are the ones with the obvious motive, could they actually do something like that?

7/06/2007 5:37 PM  
Blogger Framer said...

x4mr,

Wow, for somebody to target you for a hack job, you must have some pretty powerful enemies. Is it safe to hang out with you?

Still trying to make it through, but really a tremendous job so far.

7/07/2007 9:27 AM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Thanks so much for reading, all, and feedback is most appreciated. I think the three of you will enjoy it.

As Sirocco might already know, "Guardian Angel" is INTENSE, but don't skip to it. Guardian cannot be properly grasped without Board Games or Bleeding. Guardian is already up and good to go.

All will be posted by midnight.

Would be honored if you three read the whole thing and let me know what you think. I have a lot of respect for each of you and would highly value your thoughts.

According to prior reviews, it keeps getting better as one continues.

The hacking is truly mysterious. I've confirmed they installed no viruses or spyware. They did not touch any programs. It was a clean hit, the complete wiping of the My Documents folder that contained teh entire Web site and its images.

They were also good enough to delete it from the recycle bin.

What sticks in my noodle is how the hell they got my current ip address.

My computer guy is out of town. When he gets back we will have a chat. I don't like people accessing my hard drive.

7/07/2007 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE