Monday, July 30, 2007

Hillary and Obama in 2008

If the Democrats nominate a lobotomized potato for president in 2008, I cast my vote for the stupid spud. While technically an Independent, in 2008 I vote solid blue. As I’ve already written, I want the GOP torched so badly in 2008 that it utterly disintegrates and new parties emerge from the ashes.

Your humble blogger agrees with Newt Gingrich in his prediction of a Hillary/Obama ticket. I think he’s right, and I think the ticket will win.

Why?

Many factors, but regarding the primary, one sticks in my throat: Obama’s age. He is too young. Granted, with W we have nuked any notion of credentials required to become president and have shown ourselves capable of electing an eggplant. We may or may not have a 1976 on our hands (after Watergate the country would have elected the potato), but even with her negatives, Hillary is the stronger nominee. If Obama secures a VP role with chutzpah (precedent now more than set) he is in perfect shape to follow afterwards. Look at them together. Just look. Then look at the other side, and think about the mess we're in.

Looking at the Republicans, when the light gets bright on Romney, and it has barely started, we’re going to hear stranger stuff than fondness for Battlefield Earth. We’re talking about a guy who when challenged about his claim of lifelong hunting alleged he had shot some hamsters. The man comes from another reality. He wanted to campaign on the slogan, “First, not France.”

Mitt thinks French marriages expire after seven years after reading the concept in a sci-fi novel that did not involve France. His wife, regrettably diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (a condition affecting someone I love deeply) infuriated cancer victims by suggesting cancer was somehow a preferable circumstance. I can appreciate the preference for a quick death. Mitt’s hamster gun is a better choice than cancer.

Please, let’s replace the illiterate vacuum head with people who can write, not someone who although literate, reads bad fiction and thinks it’s true.

McCain has utterly disintegrated. I repeat my assertion that Rudy Giuliani is the strongest R in the general, but I don’t think the GOP is smart enough to nominate him. Romney will embarrass and Hillary will demolish Thompson.

We are about to elect the first female president of the United States, and she will have an African American vice president. It's time to get rid of the fat, arrogant, white, male assholes.

The big question is, when we make U-Cubed, the movie, who should direct? Oliver Stone would make it ridiculously self-important. Spielberg would move too far from the drama into entertaining action and lose the required gravitas. I’m thinking Stephen Gaghan.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

“fat, arrogant, white, male assholes.”

For a while there I thought you were talking about Michael Moore then I realized it was the wrong party.

7/30/2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Sirocco said...

John,

Nah ... it's Cheney of course.

x4mr,

Not that I think I was original, but I'll note both you and Newt Gingrich "stole" this notion of a Clinton/Obama ticket from a response I made to Art at The Data Port. Can I claim copyright violations?

As much sense as I think a Clinton/Obama ticket might make, I don't think it will actually happen. I'll post a response to this on my blog later today.

7/31/2007 7:46 AM  
Blogger Touchdown said...

transformer, you are correct sir. It will be Hilly/Obama.

For the GOP, Fred isn't going to be the man (can you say lobbyist?). It will be Rudy or McCain (Kerry was in bad shape early and got the nod, so don't count McCain out quite yet).

Romney's religion will hurt him nationwide...

TR says Giuliani/Brownback... or McCain/Giuliani.

When you said a-hole, you were talking about Slick Willy, right?

7/31/2007 9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE