Saturday, May 05, 2007

Town Halls, Vespas, and More Resignations


Tucson, Arizona. Well, as noted the Tucson Regional Town Hall begins tomorrow night, and it should be a good event. For folks that don’t know, the following items will be discussed by the people you see at the prior post over the next few days.

1. Arts, Culture, and Recreation
2. Downtown
3. Land Use Planning
4. Water
5. Transportation
6. Workforce Development
7. Healthcare
8. Research, Innovation, and Economic Impact
9. Education and Literacy

Well, according to Daniel Scarpinato, our Congresswoman has a 1963 Vespa GS with a sidecar parked in her living room. Is he really referring to the place in DC? Didn’t they say that place was really small? Pretty weird. She had a Vespa shipped to DC? Also, with these high SES folks, you have to ask "Which living room?" The one in DC? The one on 4th? The condo at Rocky Point? The beach house in Connecticut? The cabin in Telluride? I am making these up, of course, and have no clue.

Daniel also notes that there was a little bit of a GOP ruckus regarding Stephen Moore making less than Bee supporting remarks at an event where Bee supporting remarks were expected. Word is that Bee left the room less than enthusiastic about this turn of events and had some words with Jim Weiers. Well, given current tides, I think Bee should stay where he is and not attempt to force our Congresswoman to ship her Vespa back to Tucson.

Well, JD Crouch is throwing in the towel, using the "family" thing. (Why do they bother?)

Some other resignations in the last year or so include Harriet Miers, Jim Towey, Kyle Sampson, Randall Tobias, Robert Joseph and the list keeps going, and I am sure I am missing some notable ones. I wish it included Alberto Gonzales.

I would certainly hope, since I am included in the set of folks tendering resignations these days, that the reader understands sometimes the good guy has to go.

Details of my resignation are forthcoming, and I will not use the family thing. I fly straight and I shoot straight. Also, given that I live alone, the folks are in Ohio, and the daughter is at Stanford, the family thing wouldn't float well anyway.

Did it ever?

Well, this Joe Klein piece pretty much captures my sentiments. Quoting directly: I've tried to be respectful of the man and the office, but the three defining sins of the Bush Administration - arrogance, incompetence, cynicism - are congenital: they're part of his personality.

Yes? Or is he a puppet for forces that have these features? In either case, the forces of anger, resentment, outrage, and fear continue to escalate and are now bridging party lines, international lines, religious lines, all lines. I don’t know what will be left of this country or this planet by the time this Bush / Cheney disaster leaves office.

Now those two resignations would have people partying in the streets.

5 Comments:

Blogger Sirocco said...

Bush and Cheney aren't going to resign. If nothing else, they have to run up as big a deficit as posssible for the next administration to deal with while funneling as much money as possible to their corporate buddies.

Plus, the Great War on Terror wouldn't go _nearly_ as well in their absence.

5/06/2007 6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever notice that we're fast approaching a possible, hopefully inevitable Democratic Majority? That has to get the juices running :) Partisan politics aside, it's still odd that a majority of one party could be in place in government, if it must be though, I'd say a Democratic Majority wins the hearts and minds of those trying to progress America into the future. Suffer the scourage of defeat, King George II.

5/06/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

Thanks for reminding me why I never read the Arizona Daily Star. Is there no end, no bottom, no limit, to their interest in reporting the most trivial, unimportant, inconsequential things about people? Scarpinata's credentials as a journalist are rapidly sinking to the level of the paparazzi and I wouldn't be surprised if that's where he ends up. The only thing worse would be the comments.

5/06/2007 10:48 AM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Welcome Shadow!

I concur with all three of you, and I do think the tide in 2008 will be blue. Things just keep getting worse, and Bush is a cement head. I've said it before, but the momentum is now solid and gaining that he will go down in history as the worst president this country has ever had.

Yea, Liza, what is more weird than Giffords having a motor vehicle in her living room is Daniel's knowing about it. Art J. knows Giffords personally and has ridden with her. I knew she had a BMW. The Vespa thing was new to me.

I've actually thought about buying a scooter for the commute to school. The smarter part of me says to buy a bicycle to save money and get some exercise. Intelligence will probably prevail.

Dinner might be interesting tonight. For Town Hall news that might not make the press, come here.

Liza has connected the dots, and via email, some others have informed me that they have as well, which is by design. I am requesting people wait for me, and it won't be a long wait.

5/06/2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

x4mr,
Daniel knowing about the motorcycle is bad enough, writing about it is beyond ridiculous, and those who commented on the article are "double secret certified stupid" or worse (borrowing your own terminology.)

Sirocco apparently got married today according to his blog.

5/06/2007 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE