Thursday, February 15, 2007

Gunfight at a Certain Corral

Incredibly, the shoot out actually did occur at almost exactly high noon. I faced not one assassin, but two, and they drew their pistols and shot. My carefully crafted conversation, designed to deflect bullets away from fatal blows, worked. Although pretty shot up and wounded, I could return fire and did, hitting the first assassin almost center shot and two good rounds into the other. We all fell to the ground bleeding.

But, alas, I did survive and remain among the employed and insured, at least for today. The assassins crawled off, perhaps mortally wounded, perhaps not. As far as I know they are still alive. In reality, these things can take time. I really think I got them, especially the first one. Time will tell. What remains unknown is whether these two had external backing. One thing is for sure. The assassins are not thinking tonight what they were thinking last night about your humble blogger.

What a day.

I promise, Sirocco, the whole thing is coming, and it really is something else.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever you do for a living sounds insane.

I don't understand this story or the earlier one at all. Assassins? What are you talking about? I don't get it.

2/16/2007 12:10 AM  
Blogger Liza said...

Well, let's hope that x4mr is speaking metaphorically. This should be interesting....

2/16/2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger x4mr said...

Wish I could say more, and will when I can.

Now, we wait.

Are they still alive? I don't know how they could have survived those hits. What is their next move? The clock is ticking. They cannot hide forever. For now, we wait. We read the paper. We make lots of phone calls and watch email.

Gruesome, Sirocco, more than you know. Metaphor, yes. Not lives, but livelihoods, and the hearts beat just as fast, the adrenalin rushes just as rich, and the terror is just as thick. Physical death? No. The nature of the futures of those involved? YES.

Not a bad guess, but this is no office spat. Everyone that was there will remember the event for the rest of their lives.

The truth is that I don't know. Word has not come in, but I really think they are dead, i.e., I am still in Dodge, and they are not.

2/16/2007 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems like you must be an executive of some kind in a power struggle. You have said nothing about why you have "assassins." That you knew the strike was coming ahead of time and prepared for it suggests you are a pro, I suppose, but if you're a pro, how could you have allowed assassins to be possible in the first place?

I have no understanding here, and I am glad for it. I prefer a world where people are clean and decent and work together for the common good. I live in a way that does not provoke assassins.

2/16/2007 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE