Saturday, October 28, 2006

Reproductive Freedom--Closer to Home

Have already suggested that Reproductive Freedom is part of a sane society and included some history on the subject. I've also griped about Graf's position against abortion even in the case of incest or rape. Consider visiting KUAT to watch Randy answer a question on his view of a woman's having to carry a pregnancy to term in a rape situation.

Got an email today pointing out Jon Kyl's record, and although they did not come out and request I post this information, it was clearly implied, and I am compelled to honor at least some of the request.

Kyl is as out there as Graf on this one, if not worse.

Directly from today's email:

Jon Kyl’s anti-choice record:

Jon Kyl has twice cosponsored amendments to the Constitution to outlaw abortion in almost all circumstances – including when a woman’s health is in danger. H.J.Res.104, 100th Congress (1987); H.J.Res.103, 101st Congress (1989).

Jon Kyl voted against a substitute bill for the Federal Abortion Ban that included a health exception. Senate vote #49 (3/12/03).


Who are these guys? Let me get this straight. If I'm a woman, and I get raped and become pregnant, and then something happens where the pregnancy endangers my life, I'm still to be denied the medical care that can save my life?

Or even if I wasn't raped? Say I'm happily married, but some horrible medical condition develops? Instead of addressing the situation, my husband is to watch both mother and child die? This is madness.

This anti-abortion thing is anything but moral, and anything but love of life.

It is about oppressing women, and I'll ratchet it up a notch. Dig deep enough under this rock and you'll find hatred of women.

Kyl's position has attracted NARAL's attention to where they've created an ad. You can see it here.

Jim Pederson and Gabrielle Giffords support reproductive freedom. It's the sane thing to do, and these are the people we should be sending to Washington.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marco Alatorre said...

Regarding the firearms issues, I believe the gentlemen meant that he is enraged that liberals talk about the personal choice with regard to abortion but no personal choice with regard to using a firearm for self defense.

Which would you choose the right to choose to defend yourself and your family or the right to choose to have an abortion?

Of course we shouldn't have to make this choice, but more on that in a different post.

10/29/2006 4:44 PM  
Blogger Marco Alatorre said...

Sirocco,

We already have an instant check system that allows one to instantly be verified as a legitimate to buy a gun. There is no legitimate purpose to a waiting period. There is no purpose to further restrictions.

Are you saying that you would not object to waiting periods for abortions?

If so please tell my what purpose it could serve.

10/29/2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger Liza said...

I just discovered that Marco Alatorre has his own blog. I'm too lazy to set up the link. Just click on his name and it will show on his profile.

Geez, Louise, another red blogger who can construct a sentence, and in Marco's case, a paragraph. Okay, that makes four so far:
1. framer
2. phx kid
3. 206iscancer
4. marco alatorre

Phx kid, I am still wondering if 206iscancer is your dark, evil alter ego. I see similarities in the style of writing and I never see you both post on the same thread. Just wondering...

10/30/2006 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE