Friday, September 29, 2006

The Brighter the Mask, The Darker The Soul

The Scum doth protest too much, methinks.

Mark Foley, R-Florida, and Chairman of the Congressional Missing and Exploited Children's Caucus, resigned today after being caught sending emails to young boys, "Do I make you horny?"

From there, the messages get much, much worse.

Remember Jimmy Swaggart? (A name surely a cosmic joke by a snickering deity above.) Preached hell and damnation lightning bolt style for all sinners until he was caught with a prostitute, a prostitute mind you, who referred to his choice of acts with her as "perverted."

Then there are the Catholic priests, those committed to God and sworn to a life of celibacy, those we are told to look to for spiritual wisdom and moral guidance. Not all of them, of course, but, oh, the statistics are mortifying.

Will spare you details (except no, it wasn't drinking), but I had the misfortune of finding myself so sick I could barely function one night on a street in a large city. A homeless (probably) man saw me on my knees, and based on my clothing, knew I had money. He lifted me up, hailed a cab, and hoisted me into the car.

He asked for nothing, and that I was too incoherent to give him something haunts me to this day.

I will say this. He wore no mask.

1 Comments:

Blogger x4mr said...

Sirocco/Dogma,

Your radars function well. Updates validate and reinforce your remarks.

And go even further. See the update. GOP staff knew about this in 2001.

It is very much like the Catholic church all over again.

10/01/2006 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



SOMETHING ELSE